Total Pageviews

Friday 3 February 2012

REDUNDANCY - HOW DO WE COPE?

Redundancy is a word that is a long way from our lips when employed. When someone says "I've just been made redundant" we have a reaction which is to show empathy and positivity without really understanding what it means. Yes we know it means you have no job, however there is more to understand. A feeling of being unwanted, low self-esteem, useless and no control of your own life. This sounds heavy but "hey" have you been there? The problem that I am facing is that I need to provide for my family and I need to have a reason for getting up in the morning. I need to work. Unfortunately I have no redundancy money so self funding is the only way to live, I am lucky that my lovely wife brings in her salary however savings can only go so far and with debt and living expenses the deadline looms.
So what have I done so far in a month? Well I have had my head buried online, registered with recruitment agencies and browsed the papers. Applied for about 20 jobs, some well paid, some not so well paid, a few rejections and a few pending decision for interviews. The days seem to go twice as quick when unemployed, also my tolerance for people moning about their job seems to be none existent, a symptom of redundancy I expect.
January has now gone and it is the start of another month, what will Feb bring? Keep your fingers crossed for a result this month, I wish all of you looking for a job the best of luck, if you have any comments please feel free.
Cheers Keeny

2 comments:

  1. Hey Keeny

    It is fantastic that you're staying positive during these tough time. A lot of people would have a very negative outlook on life when they get made redundent.

    I got very close to being made redundent, but as you know, Kelly and I started working for ourselves on a part time basis, from home, and as people lost their jobs around me, i got out just before they would have asked me to go.

    I now help people from all walks of life to earn an extra £50 to £500 per week, part time, without affecting their current job or business.

    Like i mentioned before, staying positive is a must and you should avoid negative people at all cost. I've got a funny, yet very relevant post on my blog regarding just that, so feel free to have a look at it at http://bernieandkelly.wordpress.com

    Have a fantastic day Andrew, chin up and wrap up warm.

    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie,

    Thanks for the reply, it has not been easy so far, anger and resentment emotions are strong and it is difficult to keep them away.

    I am glad you and Kelly are doing well, I am more positive now than I have been I must admit however I have a long road to travel before I am settled again.

    Thanks for your support Bernie, all the best, speak soon

    Keeny

    ReplyDelete